2015 Western Semi Finals
Added 1/22/2015: Understanding the IHSA Western Semi Finals
Official Sponsor of the IHSA Western Semi Finals!
Regions will send their Regional Champion Western Team, plus the top two individuals in each division, to one of three National Semi-Final sites, as distributed below. Alumni will be distributed between FL and OH Semi-Final sites only (see below).
| Zone 1 || |
| Zone 2 ||R1 ||R2, R3 ||R5 |
| Zone 3 ||R3+4+5 (8) ||R1+2 || |
| Zone 4 ||R3+5 (3) || |
| Zone 5 || R1, R5 (host) ||R2 (4) ||R3 |
| Zone 6 ||R1 (2) || R2 (host) (1) || R3, R4 |
| Zone 7 || R5 ||R1, R3 (7) || R2 (host) (6) |
| Zone 8 || R2 || R1, R4 || R3, R5 (5) |
**Alumni from regions assigned to OK will be distributed as follows:
Z6 R4 alumni will be attending FL Semi Finals
Z1; Z6 R3 alumni will be attending OH Semi Finals
1. Qualifying for Semi Finals
1. Regional High Point Riders go straight to Nationals, and do not compete at Semis
2. Each Region will send top 2 Individuals from each class, including Alumni, and the Regional Champion Team
3. Approx 16 riders per Individual class, 8 riders per Team class at Semis
2. Qualifying for Nationals
1. From Semi Finals, Top 4 Individuals and Top 3 Teams will advance to Nationals
2. Maximum of 12 riders per Individual class, and 9 per Team class at Nationals, High Point Rider class excepted.
3. The IHSA Western Committee reserves the right to adjust Alumni qualifiers to Nationals based on availability.
All possible care will be taken to maintain equal quality of the show and awards for all three Semi Finals. All semis will be held over two days, with two qualified judges judging both days. All riders in each class will ride a pattern on their rail horse after the rail portion of the class is completed. Judges may ask riders for additional testing, including changing horses, after the patterns are run.