INSURANCE FOR COACHES
IHSA coaches must have professional liability insurance and proof on file with the Regional President before they may coach an IHSA Team:
- Provided by the college they are employed in the form of institution letterhead or insurance form
- Professional liability policy proof on existing farm policy
- Professional liability policy provided by Equisure for IHSA coaches: cost of $150
Apply at Equisure: Coach Liability Application
INSURANCE FOR EVENTS
Regional Presidents must apply for event insurance for every show day, NOT for every show. If a region is holding a double header show you will only need one policy. To apply for your event insurance, please login to the IHSA Website. The direct link to the Equisure Event Insurance page is located in the Regional President area.
- Fall semester shows must be entered by September 15
- Spring semester shows must be entered by January 15
- Additional new shows must be entered no later than 2 weeks prior to the show date
- Cancel shows must be reported to the Insurance chair within 24 hours
- Postpone shows must be reported immediately to the Insurance chair to change the date on the policy
Use the Accident Report Form which includes the EMT’s name and contact information. Forward a copy of the Accident Report to both the Regional President and the Insurance Chair within (5) days of the show date. Insurance Chair: Ric Weitzel – Email: email@example.com / Cell Phone: 216-346-1313 / Address: 11911 Leavitt Road, Oberlin, OH 44074 / FAX 440-774-1371
SCHOOLING WAIVER FOR NON-IHSA MEMBERS
Please use Schooling Rider Waiver form for all schooling riders that are not IHSA member riders. If a rider is under 18 must have the signature of one parent.